Chronicles of Growing Courage

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Reflections of today

"An undiscovered gift is an unlived life." This was just one of the great quotes from my Professer today in class. He was referring to the majority of people in churches that never discover their spiritual gifts and so the gifts "atrophy". My professor is a cheerful, quite likeable British man who seems to have a rollicking sense of humor. He chuckles just as much as he teaches.
My mind is whirling with a thousand questions and possibilities as I sit in class.

In contrast, the other day I crossed the street without the proper green pedestrian light. A car with two old ladies(when I say old I mean they looked like my grandma) honked for about 30 seconds, flipped me off, and rolled down their windows so they could scream obscenitites at me. This happened, of course, on Sunday afternoon when the street was crowded with people. I felt this was a little over the top. This never happened to me in Oakhurst

1 Comments:

  • I'm thinking that...

    'This never happened to me in Oakhurst"

    ...would make a good subtitle for your blog.

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home