Chronicles of Growing Courage

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Dance

I shyly turn towards God
eyes lowered
bashfully aware
of my pock-marked soul
my greedy agenda
my sucking thirst for affirmation.

And yet
like a whisper of grasses
lisping across your skin
as you stride through the meadow's faint path
I feel the first fruits
of a healing touch
so potent and powerful
that I dance around its spotlight
putting one toe in
feeling a shiver of delight
before quickly drawing it out.

My courage grows
I put two arms in
but the shocking reality
of a love unconditional
is too much
I quickly draw them out.
My self protective fierceness
like China’s great wall
slowly crumbling
not against my will
but still slowly
as my reticent modesty
fears too much
too soon.

But
naked one day
I will stand
without shame
fully embracing
the wondrous delight
of being loved.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home