Chronicles of Growing Courage

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Flag Football

I was asked to join an all female flag football team that will be competing in Fuller intramurals against co-ed teams. Apparently, they are boycotting the co-ed teams. According to my sources, there were so many rules and regulations regarding female players that the females rarely got the football. Their hypothesis is that since female players have to have two flags pulled and males only one, they have a competitive chance. Of course, I couldn't resist the challenge and controversy, so I said yes. Unfortunately, the only real football skill I have is running fast. My Oakhurstian rugged lady friends told me last weekend that I "throw like a wimp" (names and exact wording has been changed to protect the...uh...sort of innocent). Of course, I took that feedback very graciously(well, I mean after I pushed them into the lake I really took it like a saint). So, my question is, are there any football positions which only involve running up and down the field?

P.S. Of course all this practice means that if I ever play in the famous Barker Thanksgiving football game again...I might school some people.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the memories, Mel.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamiemarie/66697503/

    And I'm thinking you schooled some of them already.

    Hoping for a MJW appearance at kick-off,

    Jamie

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home