Chronicles of Growing Courage

Friday, September 01, 2006

Call Me Visual

So, the other day I was at my new job, doing "visual" when something very unusual happened. (Sidenote: "Visual" is not only my official job title, but it is really a secret code word for "making the store aesthetically stunning". In laymen's terms, I restock and tidy up shelves.) I was on a ladder when a couple walked by my row with a little german shepherd puppy trotting along beside. I nearly fell off my ladder...I mean, we were on the second floor of the store! "Did you see that?" I asked the girl who was working with me.
"Oh, that's the new trend. People bring their dogs everywhere."
Now, I didn't know that this was allowed. I mean, I just assumed that dogs are not allowed in any store except Pet Smart.
"Once someone brought in a St. Bernard, " she continued, "now that was a big dog for this store. I only have a problem with it because it is such a gray area if they poop in the store. I mean, do we clean it up or do the owners? It is just a gray area." I once again nearly fell off the ladder. Gray area? There are many gray areas in life, but this, in my books, is not one of them. I mean, if you bring your baby into a store, and he/she dirties the diaper, do you walk up to the visual salesperson and say, "Excuse me, will you change my baby's diaper? After all, I'm in your store." Bottom line: That's why they invented those cute little changing tables in the ladies' restroom. (Guys, you probably don't know what I"m talking about...I'm not saying I have every been in a guy's bathroom, but I"m pretty sure they are only in the female ones.) Anyway, back to my point: Does everyone else out there know that you can bring dogs into stores? Have I been in a time warp?

4 Comments:

  • I believe this is decided on a store-to-store basis.

    I would also like to be the first one to point out that changing tables are indeed located in the men's room.

    By Blogger Cory PiƱa, at 9:22 PM  

  • Of course there are changing tables in men's rooms! Are you suggesting that men can't or shouldn't change diapers?

    Next you'll be suggesting there are no urinals on the women's side. . .

    By Blogger Filatore, at 3:31 AM  

  • Who needs to go back to school when there is so much learning available at my fingertips? I can't believe there are changing tables in the men's restroom!

    P.S. Sorry to inform you, Spinner, that there are no urinals in women's bathrooms.

    By Blogger Melody, at 2:11 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Melody, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home