Chronicles of Growing Courage

Thursday, September 14, 2006



So we have had 2 flag football practices thus far. We are being coached by a young 20's lad named "Ipp". He is completely dedicated to teaching us the drills, plays, and defense that make up the mystery of flag football. So far it has been a blast. I can't believe how much fun it is to be on a team again. Unfortunately, we were informed by one of the woman who started the team that there is already a lot of ill feelings toward this female endeavor. This woman said that she had a two hour conversation with one guy who insists that we must come under the "patriarchal system" and that we need to let the guys empower us as woman. I'm not sure who this guy is, but I would like to know if he was referring to the patriarchal system of football. If so, that is more mystery for "Ipp" to reveal to us.
Incidentally, I was very impressed by these women leaders. They urged good attitudes on the field and focus on having fun playing rather than any negativity. As for me, heck, I just want to run some "slants", and "hooks".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home