Chronicles of Growing Courage

Friday, March 09, 2007

Spittin' Mad at People Magazine

I was waiting in line at the grocery store and idly picked up the new People magazine with Reese Witherspoon on the cover(come on, we all look through the cheezy magazines in line). I flipped open to a full page ad with the caption "Nothing to Wear to Work". Taking up the whole page was a completely nude woman holding a purse, standing slightly to the side so at least some things were not exposed. I felt a surge of anger course through my German veins...when did this become standard fare for magazines? How can they get away with such a picture? I feel like starting a petition against People magazine. Maybe I am overreacting, but I am so exposed to the objectifiction of women down here that I kind of max out on the whole thing. Anyone who reads this...check it out and tell me if it makes you angry or if you just want to say: "Get over it, Mel".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home