Chronicles of Growing Courage

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Chicks Dig It!!!!

I have some very exciting news to announce...news that I have been waiting many long weeks to share. The Chicks won their very first flag football game today! In other words, history was made(well, in our memories, anyway!). It was an extremely exciting and intense game..tensions were rising high on both sides. There were a couple of controversial calls that did not help matters, but my team played hard and well, and I believe we fairly deserved to win. In the last 20 seconds of the game, we were up by four, and the other team had the ball close to their end zone. Somehow, I caught an interception and started running towards the other end of the field. I think I was in profound shock that I actually caught it, because I had been having trouble catching long passes the last few weeks. Unfortunately, one of the Chicks with a hot temper tackled the guy who had been vying for the ball with me and got carried off the field by our coach, so we lost all the yardage, not to mention it showed poor sportsmanship. Regardless, our first win feels really pretty swell. We only have one game left(we did not make play-offs, obviously). I will be very sad to end the season, just as we are gelling as a team.

2 Comments:

  • Oh you can BET I'm diggin' it, Mel.

    Congratulations, way to go, and hip hip hooray for the Chicks!

    How I wish I had seen your interception.... Didn't anyone film it so we could watch it in super slo mo?

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 4:17 PM  

  • Mel, your talents are endless!

    By Blogger Curious George, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home