Chronicles of Growing Courage

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Semi-presumption

Last night, while driving home from school, I was broadsided by a gas semi-truck. It was quite shocking. I am completely unharmed, but Shamarack may never be the same. Let's just say the passanger door will never open again. My insurance agent said that if my car had been newer, it probably would have crumpled. But thankfully, Shamarack is well made, tough and even ripped half of the truck's bumper off. Even amidst the emotionally charged situation, the cops and I were very impressed with that. Things ended relatively well; the driver and I shook hands and wished each other well.

5 Comments:

  • At least the cops didn't hassle you ... you know, you being a local and all.

    By Blogger Cory PiƱa, at 9:44 AM  

  • I'm thinking that by the very fact the truck presumed to turn into me indicates that my bumper stick may not be effective down here as in Oakhurst. Maybe I need a bumper sticker upgrade.

    By Blogger Melody, at 12:15 PM  

  • The way I see it, the loss of the passenger door accessibility is a minimal one, considering that whole crazy seat belt thing you've got going. It will probably be easier to crawl over the back seat anyway. Still... my sympathies to Shamarack, and my thanks to God that you are okay.

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 2:57 PM  

  • I think that the term broadside is an offensive gender slur in and of itself and am surprised to see you using it. Perhaps the traumatic nature of the incident temporarily transformend you. Nevertheless, I too am quite pleased that you are unharmed.

    By Blogger brad, at 12:45 PM  

  • Have you ever considered that your accident could have been God's way of sugesting you need a new ride? It's a radical suggestion, and I know how much extra storage space you get out of your car, so maybe a new bumper sticker would help. How about something in the road rage vein, like "Keep honking--I'm reloading!" or "Hang up and Drive!"??

    By Blogger Filatore, at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home