Chronicles of Growing Courage

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Reflections upon the death of my grandma

Joy and sadness
intertwined on this earth
Trying to pry them apart
loses the poignancy of both.
Rage fills me
at death's severity
at my utter helplessness
to control who enters it.

She looked upon the unseen
she longed for her real home
As she passed through the visible,
I tried to grab her ankle
I tried to renew her love for life
but she was ready for Life.

I long for the joy
and wish to reject the sadness
But the expense of fallen humanity
demands the embrace of both.
So the joy of a nephew's innocence
is painted on the tragic backdrop
of a father who lost his way.
The hope of a cousin's restoration
is set against the pain of his mother's estrangement.

She is experiencing
the mystery of unfettered joy.
In the invisible,
Christ separates the impossible tangle
and casts off the sorrow forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home