Chronicles of Growing Courage

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fundamentalism...my current nemesis

Fundamentalism is the thorn in my side right now...not because I am battling them personally, but because my paper on Fundamentalism and Modernism will not become coherent. I have labored over this for countless hours in the last few days(amidst two other papers). As my sanity is slowly draining out like my computer battery, I rue the day I chose this topic. I go to sleep with raging religious battles from history playing in my head and have nightmares of my professor grinning madly and grading my paper with a red pen the size of a thigh bone. As I exist in a semi-dreamlike state, my beacon of light right now is the fact that in 23 hours, the chips are down(whatever that phrase means...I just felt like using it), the last card is played, the final runner crosses the finish line, and my papers will be turned in. Carpe Coffee.

1 Comments:

  • Your pain, so vividly described ('a red pen the size of a thigh bone'... ahhh that was sweet), is felt over here from your friend. Soon we must have a long talk about the unexpected difficulty of finding yourself writing a paper that hits something deep in the heart.

    I am praying for you. Try to remember, as I must also remind myself: it's only a paper. It's all gonna burn.....

    Love you.

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home