Chronicles of Growing Courage

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Head in the Clouds.....again

Well, it's been awhile since I"ve blogged...mainly because (a) it's been so hot down here that I can hardly think, and (b) I need all that thinking for the papers due shortly since I have been neglecting them all summer. But, in keeping with tradition of my faux pas during stressful school times, I had to relate my most recent.

I was working early the other morning, partnered with one of co-workers who was up on a ladder, stocking, while I handed products up to him. We were joking around, engaging in mindless conversation, when I quipped, "Well, I used to be able to do a mean Richard Pryor imitation". Much to my chagrin and embarrassment, I realized that my co-worker was half-black, and would likely think I was an idiot for claiming I, a suburban white girl, could imitate Richard Pryor. My co-worker started laughing so hard that he almost fell off the ladder. When he could finally talk, he said, "Well, if I ever hear of a Richard Pryor competition, I can pretty much guarantee that you'd be the only white girl there trying to imitate him!"

One of these days I'm going to learn to filter my brain better when I'm over-tired.

3 Comments:

  • It's good to know you're still trying to pawn that Richard Pryor routine off on people. Just be thankful he didn't ask to see it.

    By Blogger Christian, at 8:40 PM  

  • So did you do it, the imitation?
    Hmmm, why Richard Prior? Why not Celine Dion. I could see you doing Celine Dion. I don't like Celine Dion. I do like you. Maybe I would like Celine Dion if I saw you imitate her.
    Hope school is going well!

    By Blogger Denise, at 5:18 PM  

  • Celine Dion reminds me that I have a free two nights and three days to some resort in Vegas. I think you and Kelli should go and take in that concert you've always wanted to go to.

    By Blogger Second Sister, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home