Chronicles of Growing Courage

Thursday, June 07, 2007

My current state of mind

I won't lie...I am very stressed right now because of my 20 page paper due tomorrow at 5p.m. It is not really going well at this point; in fact, the only reason I am taking time to write this blog right now is that I need to get my writing juices flowing. My current disheveled, chaotic state of mind is illustrated in a little episode that happened to me yesterday at work.

After spending all day in the library, I drove over to work, and changed in my car. Walking the few blocks to work, I felt confused at how strange my jeans were feeling. "What is going on?" I thought. "Did I gain a lot of weight? Are these really my jeans?" Because I had been a hermit all week buried in the deep recesses of the cave-like library basement, my brain felt cobwebby and disoriented.

I entered the store and went straight up to the restroom. To my shock and amazement, inside the back of my pants, I found a plastic wheat thins package.... the plastic part in the box that holds all the wheat thins. I guess when I changed in my car somehow it got inside my pants. Thankfully, all that was in it was wheat thin crumbs, or I guess I would have heard some crunching when I was walking.

I'll let you guess how my night unfolded from there!

4 Comments:

  • my guess is that since you work at a container store, you quickly found a wheat thins container to take home that night. phew!!!!! it was great to see you at the shower and thankes a ton for coming all the way. hopefully it was beneficial to your grades.

    By Blogger Cosby, at 11:15 PM  

  • I would suggest looking in the Food Storage dry goods section for some suitable Wheat Thins containment. I read that entry and thought that's something that would totally happen to me. One of my spaciest moments involved losing an ear of corn I had just boiled on the stove. I searched high and low, only to find it in the silverware jar. Scary! I just reread this and realized I wrote jar instead of drawer. Yikes...

    By Blogger First Pres. Youth Group, at 10:33 PM  

  • You changed in your car?
    Oregonians!

    By Blogger Denise, at 10:29 PM  

  • I just can't believe you admitted that over the world wide web...another Melism to add to the ever growing and ever hilarious list!

    By Blogger ga, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home