Chronicles of Growing Courage

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Valentine's Day (Pleasant) Surprise


Last night I came home from a long day at school, knowing that I had to get up at 4 a.m. the next morning for work. On the table was a box addressed to me that had been delivered that day. I stood awhile looking at the box's peculiar shape, trying to remember if I had ordered something online. Finally, I saw an inscription on the outside of the box which read: "Open immediately, flowers enclosed". "Flowers"? I thought. "Who on earth is sending me flowers"? All of a sudden I got a pit of dread in my stomach, thinking that perhaps my stalker of last year found out my address and was making a renewed attempt to win my heart. I hastily opened the box to discover a beautiful rose bouquet and an enclosed card. Who was it from? My brother and my five year old nephew! As you can imagine, I was completely taken aback. Hands down, this is one of the most unexpectedly nice surprises I have received in recent years.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home