Chronicles of Growing Courage

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vienna quips



-I love the traditional Viennese coffee called the "melange".
-The Viennese film festival that i have been enjoying is not really showing films. The first night it showed a Japanese opera, and the second night it highlighted a Venezuelan symphony. I found it interesting the amount of young people that turned out to watch this classical music.
-I awoke this morning to a cockroach crawling in my ear. Not really what I expected in Europe, although I have been suspicious for some time that the Australian cockroaches have sent out an international alert to terrorize me wherever I go since I made such a dent in their colony. However, I handled this rude awakening very maturely: I just let out a little yell and threw myself off my bed, hunted down the cockroach, and sent him to cockcroach....uh...afterlife.
-I had a great lunch with Don, an American who has been here for 22 years. See post below for details.

2 Comments:

  • OMG that is so creepy! I would have freaked out! I will never forget the little brown house with the OZ cockroach that we killed and burned. That is a memory that will forever be in my mind. Love you!

    By Blogger KJ, at 12:43 AM  

  • Those pictures of Vienna look so familiar. How strange to think that you are walking exactly where I did 15 years ago. I guess following in your brother's footsteps is something that will never change.
    That second picture looks a lot like the sculptures at Hero Square in Budapest....I'm sure you have gone there by now.

    By Blogger Anne-Marie, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home