Chronicles of Growing Courage

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rain: the milk of heaven

In a surprising twist, a freak thunderstorm just arose, complete with lightening, thunder, and heavy rain! I watched it come over the San Gabriel's-- first with the flashes of silent lightening, then as it got closer, the accompanying rumbles of thunder. When the rain started I just went outside and inhaled long, deep breaths of the fresh air, marveling that this experience could be so soul-satisfying. My favorite part was that when I went outside, I could hear screams of joy from kids all over the neighborhood-running around and enjoying the novel experience of the rain.

3 Comments:

  • nice, melody.

    i wish it would rain here.

    the air is hot and thick and full of ca-ca.

    so...next week we go to the beach.

    for a WHOLE WEEK.

    with my ENTIRE FAMILY. all 25 of us.

    yikes.

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 7:40 PM  

  • Rain...the milk of heaven.

    If only we had the oreos of heaven, we could have a fine time.

    By Blogger Filatore, at 8:54 AM  

  • Melody,

    Uncle Jim here. I just read your entire blog so I think I am caught up. I really liked the story of the old guy who was in the gulag. What an amazing life he has led following Jesus.
    Oh I liked the cockroach in the ar story as well. Reminds me of some times in Vietnam.
    We are praying for you everyday.
    Keep us posted and enjoy this great adventure.
    Do I have permission to put some of your blog stories in our church news letter?

    Uncle Jim

    By Blogger Jim, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home