Chronicles of Growing Courage

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Beginning of Fall Quarter....and other pertinent news

The first week of my fall quarter has left me dazed and confused. My classes look excellent, but intimidating as usual, my books look fascinating, but expensive as usual, and all the firm resolutions I made in the summer to keep organized and disciplined are already out the window(Does anyone know someone who works at a storage and organizational store? I need help). Because I am reeling from the fast-paced nature of this week, I decided to sum up some important news tidbits.

1. The Chicks, my beloved flag football team, is up and running once more. We have our first scrimmage on Saturday. Due to our very fierce and mighty presence last year(although we only won one game) Fuller intramural sports came up with a new rule: All teams must have at least two males on the field at all times. It's a pity when equal opportunity comes full circle. Anyway, we had to recruit another male.

2. I finally had my meeting with the head of the Pasadena Transportation Department. Prepared to meet and argue with a bullish troll of a man with large-horned rimmed glasses and sneering face(the only type of person who would ruin others' lives with parking tickets, of course), my strategy was completely dislodged by the gentle, mild-mannered man who stood before me. I was further thrown off by the snippy woman in the background who kept putting her two cents in with a bored roll of her eyes. I found out that this problem is shared by many businesses in the area(such as Starbucks), and consequently, I'm sure the city of Pasadena is making a killing knowing that every worker who has to get to work before 6 a.m. is at risk of paying a $36.00 parking ticket. My only real recourse would be to start a petition and go to the City Council. This, of course, would take quite a bit of time and money. Due to these factors, I regret that I will not be leading a parking revolution here in Pasadena.

3. We actually got our first rain down here...quite shocking when you think that last year this area only accumulated 1.75 inches of rain. I feet like a new woman, and my Oregon blood rejoices in my veins.

4 Comments:

  • I love your perspective in life!! And you write so humorously too!! You should blog more, I look forward to reading your blogs!!

    By Blogger Praisy, at 11:04 PM  

  • Long live The Chicks!

    And The Dudes, apparently.

    Sorry to hear there will be no revolution, but glad to know you are picking yours carefully. When you DO start one, lemme know. I'll be with you all the way. Desidera in tensione la rivoluzione dei Melody Joy!

    I miss you.

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 11:30 AM  

  • As someone who has faced the Chicks on the football field and lived to tell the tale, I can tell you they are fierce. Melody pulled not one, but two, of my flags on Saturday. You better watch your back Mel! :)

    By Blogger First Pres. Youth Group, at 10:17 PM  

  • i have say i am deeply saddened that there will not be any sticking it to the man.
    VIVA the proles!

    rachel

    By Blogger rachel, at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home