Chronicles of Growing Courage

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I see....UTAH....in my future!

This weekend I head to Salt Lake City to attend a conference for Mormons and Evangelicals regarding both the need for and the potential pitfalls of dialogue. I will be going with a few other people from Fuller, and there will be some professors from Fuller speaking. This was a totally unexpected surprise and gift...and I cannot tell you how excited I am! I hope to be able to visit the temple, have interesting conversations with Mormons, and have at least one unexpected adventure. You can expect a blog entry following this weekend which will hopefully detail these three areas.

P.S. The Pasadena parking mafia must have caught word about this good news in my life. To pour a little rain on my parade, they issued me yet another parking ticket today while I was at work. My blood continues to heat at a slow simmer on this matter......

6 Comments:

  • SHUT UP!
    Even I am boiling over the fact that you got another ticket.
    How can you stay at a "slow simmer."
    You should throw eggs at a policeman's car! No at a policeman!

    By Blogger Denise, at 10:38 PM  

  • I'm excited to hear about your Mormon adventure.

    I'm also wondering if it isn't time to send some of my family down to L.A. The 'Pasadena Parking Mafia' is small potatoes, if you know what I'm saying.

    Tell your tan, stylish, fresh-from- the-gym cop friends down their it might be time to go to the mattresses.

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 6:34 AM  

  • forget the mattresses mel. go straight to the concrete jungle man. no messing around and dont forget to bring your own caffeinated coffee this weekend! have fun. and seriously this parking thing is out of hand. rally the employees and stage a it in. as many as you can taking up parking spaces. get some media and bam you just jumped to the front of the line at city council as opposed to waiting for for your number to be called. im serious mel. stage a park in or something like that.

    By Blogger Cosby, at 9:48 PM  

  • Mel,
    Utah! After all this time, your dreams are coming true! Talk about missionary dating opportunities!

    As far as the parking goers, has it ever occurred to you that they may be monitoring this blog?

    By Blogger Filatore, at 5:03 AM  

  • "I'm going to saaaayyy...UTAH?!"

    By Blogger ga, at 1:55 PM  

  • How was your trip? I lived in Sandy, Utah, for 4 years, so I'm really curious to hear how things went for you all.

    By Blogger First Pres. Youth Group, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home