Chronicles of Growing Courage

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Chicks: A tearjerking loss

Today's game was both exhilarating and heartbreaking. We lost with the close score of 13 to 8. Our defense was incredible. In fact, there were no scoring in 2/3 of the first half because they simply could not penetrate our defense. (And let me tell you, the guys in the opposing team were getting a tad frustrated). I believe we would have won if we could have played with our usual flare in our offensive game. We simply had way too many incompletes.

Near the end of the game, I could taste the victory. My vision became tunnel-like, looking for the holes in the defense, the noise of the crowd was droned out by my own heartbeat(okay, maybe there was only about 4 people on the sidelines), and even the huge Amazon man on the opposing team looked like he was made out of paper to me(he's not really from the Amazon but he seriously could have starred in "The last of the Mohicans"). In the end, even this primal-like aggression was not enough to score that final goal we needed. With a few seconds left in the game, one of our player's flags was pulled only a few inches from the touchdown line.

So, our current standings are 2:2. If you don't know what that means, it means we've won two and lost two. That's quite respectable when compared to our standings last year(which I will not reveal here for copyright(and embarassment) purposes). The news is starting to get around...the Chicks are dangerous. I found out from a "source" on the opposing team that an email had gone out a couple of days before the game warning everyone not to underestimate us. Mmmmmmmmm.......music to my ears!

2 Comments:

  • It would be fun to watch you play!

    I want to hear more about Utah.

    go to my blog to enter the Give Away (only 24hrs left so hurry!)

    By Blogger Denise, at 9:09 PM  

  • Everybody know you can't keep a good chick down.

    And so the legend grows...

    By Blogger Dakota House , at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home